ROLI Ltd. ("we/us/our") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is ROLI Ltd. of 2 Glebe Road, London E8 4BD.
Information We Collect
Information you give us.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Platform or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register, visit or use the Platform, place an order on the Platform, subscribe to the newsletter and when you report a problem with the Platform. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description, photograph, and which products you have purchased from us.
Information we collect about you.
Information we get from your use of our Platform.
With regard to each of your visits to the Platform we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, session length, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit and use of our Platform, including the use of certain features on content on our Platform; the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Platform (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page and software interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources.
We work closely with third parties - including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers (such as Google Analytics, Mixpanel, and SnowPlow) search information providers, credit reference agencies - and we may receive information about you from such third parties.
Information you share.
When you save or share a music project file through our Platform, we may receive information about your device, software and your composition, as well as any notes or comments you post related to it or any other content on the platform.
How we use information we collect
We will use the information you give us:
- to improve customer service and help us respond to your support needs more efficiently.
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our Platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
We will use the information we collect about you:
- to understand how you use our services and products and further personalize your experience.
- to administer our Platform and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Platform to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Platform safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Platform about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Information we share
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including, business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, and analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Platform.
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our General Terms of Sale and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ROLI Ltd., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Platform; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Marketing and Third Party Links
We will ask for your permission if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes. Incase you decide that you no longer want to give us such a permission, you may do so by unsubscribing from the newsletter or simply by contacting us at email@example.com.
We will also ask for your permission if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for marketing purposes. This permission may also be withdrawn, for example by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Accessing, updating, and deleting personal information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. We strive to give you ways to update or delete your personal information. Please contact us, if you have such or similar requests.
The Platform is not directed to children under the age of 13 (in some countries stricter age limits may apply). We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 or under the applicable age limit (the “Age Limit”). If you are under the Age Limit, do not register to our Platform and do not provide any personal information to us. If you are a parent of a child under the Age Limit and become aware that your child has provided personal information to us, please contact us at email@example.com and you may request exercise of your applicable access, rectification, cancellation and/or objection rights.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities
Last Updated Oct. 21, 2016